Friday, January 19, 2007

Wow, that was the fastest week that ever was!

Well, I finished the first square of hell:




Really, doesn't this remind you of a giant rice cake? Or a matzoh?




And I only have to do two more!




But as a powerful antidote, I did finish:








And cast on for the second one. I took a picture, but it's so blurry it looks like it's moving on its own, and as far as I know, knitting doesn't do that.

I also cast on for a pair of mittens, but instead of 7 stitches to the inch, I got a healthy 6. Rip, rip, rip the chipmunks! (anybody know what I'm referring to????) Recast with a size two, which I didn't think was possible with Patons wool. These should be some toasty mitts!

This has been a really good week at school. All the lessons are going well, instrumental students are rounding that corner of self-confidence and getting happy with the sounds they produce, and two new kids want to sign up for learning an instrument. All-in-all, pretty darn good.

We're having family in tomorrow for a delayed Christmas celebration. On the menu: fruit and cheese platter for the nibbles, then ham, green beans, carrots, biscuits, mashed potatoes (DH insists), and chocolate cake for after. They haven't been to our home in three years, so this will be a nice change. And it looks to be cold enough for the fireplace!

Hope you all have a lurvely weekend.

No comments: