Friday, December 29, 2006

Knit one, bump two

A long car ride to visit a shut-in makes for good knitting, right? I did manage to finish one sock, even Kitchenering (is that a word???) the toes smoothly. BUT! Try to wind a new skein (using the turkey baster) on the lovely and charming Jericho Turnpike, LI Expressway service road, and local streets in Roslyn, and you end up with nothing more than spiderwebs.

Grrr.

It did get done, just not as neatly or quickly as I would have liked. The shut-in liked the completed sock, but was more interested in her cheeseburger happy meal. That was fine, she was happy, and I continued to rib the second sock.

My promise to myself is to learn to use DH's digicam and actually put a picture or two up here.

In the meanwhile, lesson plans are knocking away at the back of my head, and I think I have to spend a good amount of time at it tomorrow. I've got some good ideas, hope they work out okay and I can find all the materials I need instead of realizing as class is about to start that half my supplies are in the other school. That would be par for the course, but I really want to be more organized about myself!

It also feels really good that I've made my donations to the causes championed by Wendy and Ms. Harlot; it's impressive what two women and many knitters can accomplish.

No comments: