Here's the V-neck with seed stitch I opted for. The one side looks oogly, but I was so happy that it came together, I'll figure out what went wrong later:
Now here's a charming photo of my arm, apparently giving the closet a perfect punch with the perfect sleeve:
Don'tcha just LOVE that shiny bra action I've got going on? Do you think anybody at school today told me I was looking a bit glisteny around the breasticle area? No, of course not. Probably had spinach in my teeth, too.
Anyway, I'm happy to report that it's too big. YES, I swatched. YES, I followed protocol and kept measuring. YES, I blocked before I sewed, then blocked again. (And YES, Cascade 220 smells like wet hound while it's blocking.) It's just that, in my world, it's a giddy feeling when something's too big.
Anxiously awaiting the perfect sweater in the cardigan version! (hint hint Ann )
Some random for you Wednesday people.
1. Saw my first episode of HOUSE last night. Yeah, I'm marrying this show, it's *awesome*, where have I been?
2. We took a l-o-o-o-n-g drive to Ohio to visit The Ohio State University. Snickerdoodle is thinking of attending, so it was THE visit. She loved it. We did, too. But it's really far away. NINE hours of driving.
3. Junior prom is Friday night (yes, the 13th). She's very excited.
4. Maeve Binchy is one of my favorite reads.
5. Still using the Kodak. Eh.